Chelsea: Council Mtg Synopsis 9-5-23
Call to Order
Mayor Pacheco called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States
Approval of Consent Agenda
Approval of Regular Agenda
Public Comments (available in person and via Zoom)
- 1. Recognition of 50 Years of Service – Officer John Dettling (Chief Kazyak)
- City Council Liaison Positions Discussion (Mayor Pacheco)
- Local Officials Training and Education Discussion (Manager Colburn)
This item is a discussion about City Council assignments to liaison positions for City boards, committees, and commission. With the upcoming City Council election, there will be newly elected members of Council.
Community Center Letter of Support (Mayor Pacheco)
MOVED Feeney SECONDED Keaton to authorize the Mayor to sign the Letter of Support for 5 Healthy Towns Foundation to be included in their community center grant application. All ayes. Motion carried.
4. Schedule a Joint Working Session between City Council and the Planning Commission to discuss the Wolf Development project. (Manager Colburn)
MOTION Keaton SECONDED Iannelli to schedule a Joint Working Session between City Council and the City’s Planning Commission to continue discussions about the Wolf Development and a potential 425 agreement. All ayes. Motion carried.
5. Schedule Mid-Year Review (Manager Colburn)
MOTION Mehuron SECONDED Wiseley to schedule the Mid-Year Review for Monday, October 16, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. All ayes. Motion carried.
6. Purchase of Police Vehicle (Chief Kazyak)
MOTION Keaton SECONDED Feeney to approve the purchase of a 2023 Chevrolet Tahoe Police Vehicle in the amount of $42,444.81. All ayes. Motion carried.
7. DDA Parking Lot Paving (Superintendent Bollinger)
MOTION Wiseley SECONDED Mehuron to approve the quote from Right-Way Asphalt in the amount of $40,768.00. All ayes. Motion carried.
8. Electric Department Purchase of Transformers (Operations Manager Stevens)
MOTION Keaton SECONDED Iannelli to approve the purchase order for a total of $40,038.00 to RESCO. All ayes. Motion carried.
Approved: September 18, 2023
This is only a synopsis of the Regular City Council Meeting. The minutes in their entirety may be viewed at the Clerk’s Office at 305 S. Main Street, Chelsea, MI or online at www.city-chelsea.org
Respectfully submitted, Lyn Sebestyen