City of Dexter Planning Commission Virtual Public Hearings and Meeting
City of Dexter Planning Commission Virtual Public Hearings and Meeting on Monday, May 3 @ 7p via Zoom. See the official public notices here.
Three public hearings were originally scheduled, but one has since been cancelled:
- AP2020.21-14 Text Amendment to the Zoning Ordinance – Self-Storage – Public hearing to consider proposed text amendments to the City of Dexter Zoning Ordinance to establish self-storage facilities as a special land use in the I-1 District subject to the recommended conditions, and to establish off-street parking requirements. A public hearing was conducted by the Planning Commission on April 5, 2021, but due to technical difficulties with the virtual meeting link, action on the amendment was POSTPONED, to allow the public hearing to be rescheduled and re-noticed. Discussion and possible action following this public hearing.
- CANCELLED AP2020.21-15 Special Land Use Review of a Self-Storage Facility - The Planning Commission conducted a public hearing on April 5, 2021, to consider a special land use application, submitted by Derek Warren, for a self-storage facility, located at 7850 Second Street. However, due to technical difficulties with the virtual meeting link, action on the special land use request was POSTPONED to May 3, 2021, to allow the public hearing to be rescheduled and re-noticed, and to allow the applicant time to submit a revised site plan. Following the April 5th meeting, staff and the planning and engineering consultants met the applicant, at the applicant’s request, for an on-site meeting to discuss the comments and concerns voiced by the residents and the Planning Commission. On April 29, 2021, Mr. Warren informed staff that he has voided the purchase agreement for 7850 Second Street and is withdrawing his application, AP2020.21-15 Special Land Use Review of a Self Storage Facility. The public hearing for this application has been cancelled.
- Capital Improvements Plan (CIP) FY 2021-2026 – Public hearing to consider updates to the CIP FY2021-2026. Discussion and possible action following the public hearing.
- The CIP is a program that projects and coordinates public expenditures to improve the City’s transportation and utility systems, facilities, and other capital assets over a six-year period. Preparation of the CIP is done under the authority of the Planning Enabling Act (PA 33 of 2008), as amended. It is the Planning Commission’s goal that the CIP be used as a tool to implement the City’s Master Plan and assist in preparing the upcoming fiscal year’s budget.
- The CIP was assessed by City staff, the Downtown Development Authority, and the Parks and Recreation Commission between December, 2020 and March, 2021. The Planning Commission reviewed a draft of CIP updates at the Commission’s March 1, 2021 regular meeting.
The Planning Commission will also discuss the following:
- Text Amendment Accessory Dwelling Units – Continue review and discussion of draft text amendment to the Zoning Ordinance to allow and regulate Accessory Dwelling Units. Possible action to schedule a public hearing for June 7, 2021.
- AP2020.21-16 PSPR Care 2 Cure Office Building, 7390 Dexter-Ann Arbor Road - Consider an Application for Site Plan Review for a 5,218 sq. ft. multi-tenant commercial office building, with a 2,660 sq. ft. future building expansion. The subject site is zoned PB, Professional Business District and ARC, Dexter-Ann Arbor Road Corridor Overlay District.
- Based on the reviews, staff concur with CWA’s recommendation that the Planning Commission postpone action on the proposed preliminary site plan to allow the applicant time to address the items identified in the consultants’ review letters.
Join the Zoom Meeting:
By Phone: 888 788 0099 or 877 853 5247
Meeting ID: 980 9136 9270