Police Blotter – Chelsea, Saline

Chelsea City Police

5/25 ~4:25pm, officers responded to the 1200 block of South Main Street for the report of a retail fraud that had just occurred. The complainant stated that the suspect, later determined to be a 18 year old Chelsea man, had entered the establishment and poured a fifth of vodka in a water bottle and attempted to leave the store. When staff confronted him, the suspect denied any knowledge and fled the are in a pickup truck. The plate number of the vehicle was obtained and eventually linked to the suspect which matched the description given by the store staff. The case remains open pending further investigation by the investigator and review of the surveillance camera footage.

5/27 ~10:23pm, officers responded to the Chelsea Police Department to meet with a subject who had reportedly been assaulted in the 100 block of Lincoln Street by his brother, with whom he lived. The victim stated that he had gotten into an argument with his brother a 54-year-old Chelsea man. The victim stated that he was afraid because his other brother was still at the house and he feared that the suspect may assault him again.

The victim was transported to the Chelsea Hospital for medical evaluation. Upon officer’s arrival at the residence on Lincoln Street the suspect was located and based on statements by the victim as well as by witnesses the suspect was placed under arrest. The suspect also had a valid Felony warrant out of Genesee County. The subject was lodged at the Washtenaw County Jail where he will be held pending warrant review by the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office.

Saline City Police

By Tran Longmoore, www.thesalinepost.com

5/18 ~Addict Found in Rec Center. Police found a meth user who’d broken into the Saline Rec Center. Police were dispatched to the Rec Center at 2:23am after an alarm sounded. They found a white, bald male wearing raggedy blue jeans, a blue shirt and no shoes. He was carrying a water bottle. Police determined he was under the influence of a narcotic. The man told police he was in the building looking for help. He stated he was from Flint and that he was in Ann Arbor to get away from people he was hanging out with and to get clean. He told police he was a meth user. He was carrying a screw driver, taken from a car in the area, for protection. He told police he entered through an unlocked door. He was arrested for trespassing and then released and transported to the Veterans Administration Hospital for evaluation.

5/23 ~Saline police and fire were called to a physical altercation between residents at the mobile home park at 475 N. Maple Road. The incident occurred around 5:40pm.

A 55-year-old man and 46-year-old man moving into one of the homes had hired a 51-year-old man to whip the weeds on their lot. The men asked the man to stop whipping weeds that day because it was loud and they were trying to show the trailer. But the man allegedly refused to stop and they began to argue.

A physical altercation began. A witness told police one of the men broke off a board and began to hit the 51-year-old. He also hit the man in the head and choked him, according to the witness. The other man hit the 51-year-old in the head with rake, according to the witness. The man was transported by ambulance to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital.

The two men accused of hitting the 51-year-old said that he started the physical altercation. The man accused of using the rake to assault the other man complained of back pain and suffered other injuries and he was transported to hospital by ambulance.

All parties involved want charges pressed. Police forwarded the case to the prosecutor’s office.

Resisting Arrest Complaint Authorized

5/30 ~The Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office has authorized two felony complaints against a Detroit woman and Faurecia employee accused of resisting and obstructing Saline Police. Police were called to Faurecia at about 11:15pm by the security manager. A 26-year-old woman, working on a temporary basis, refused a work assignment and was told her services were no longer needed and to leave the building.  The woman refused to leave and instead began yelling and arguing, the manager told police. She walked into the woman’s restroom and refused to leave. The manager called police.

Police arrived and ordered the woman to leave. She resisted those orders and began swearing at police, according to the report. When she exited the bathroom, she walked by police, ignoring an order to stop.

Police arrested her for trespassing and disturbing the peace. The woman pulled away. According to police, she swore, yelled, kicked and scratched the two officers. When she began kicking, the officers took her down to the ground and cuffed her, according to the report. One of the officers had abrasions on his left knee and shin as a result, according to the report.

The woman was wanted on a warrant out of Novi. Police notified Novi police and transferred her to their custody. Each felony count of resisting police carries up to two years in prison.

Seth Kinker

Reporter/Digital Media for The Sun Times News

Leave a Reply