Webster Township Regular Board Meeting SYNOPSIS: February 21, 2017
The Webster Township Board Meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm, by Supervisor John Kingsley on February 21, 2017 at the Township Hall, 5665 Webster Church Road Dexter, MI 48130.
Members present: Supervisor: John Kingsley, Clerk: Barbara Calleja, Treasurer: Carol Whitney, Trustees: Gary Koch, John Scharf-absent, John Westman, Richard Kleinschmidt, Zoning Administrator: Randy Raiford, Deputy Clerk: Donna Whitney, and 25 citizens.
Meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag
Approve Minutes: Motion to approve the minutes as presented of the Webster Township Board of Trustees Regular Board Meeting on January 17, 2017. Motion carried.
Approve Agenda: Motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried.
Call to Public
Treasurer’s Report: Motion to accept Treasurer’s report and pay bills as presented, as well as those anticipated bills received before the March 21, 2017 meeting. Motion carried.
- Murphy Trailer Permit: Motion to approve the Murphy Temporary Structure Permit for Fiscal Year 2017. Motion carried
- Draft Nuisance Ordinance Discussion
- St. Joseph Summer Festival Permit: Motion to issue St. Joseph Parish a Festival Permit for their Annual Summer Festival to be held July 14-16, 2017. Motion carried.
- Annual Policy: Motion to accept the Annual Policy for Fiscal Year 2017-2018. Motion carried.
- Invasive Mute Swan Resolution #02-17: Motion to approve resolution #02–17: Invasive Mute Swan control. Motion failed.
- Draft Budget discussion
- Compensation Commission, no discussion
- Mill Creek Escrow Refund: Motion to refund Mill Creek Outdoor Adventure the balance remaining in their escrow fund, in the amount of $538.07. Motion carried.
Motion to approve the expenditure of PDR funds not to exceed $47,100 for the purchase of development rights through a conservation easement on property identified in application 2009-3. Motion carried..
Motion to approve the expenditure of PDR funds not to exceed $15,000 for the purchase of development rights through a conservation easement on property identified in application 2011-4. Motion carried.
Motion to approve the expenditure of PDR funds not to exceed $206,630 for the purchase of development rights through a conservation easement on property identified in application 2015-1. Motion carried.
- PDR Consultant Contract: Motion to approve the independent contract agreement between Webster Township and Treemore Ecology and Land Services, Inc. starting April 1, 2017. Motion carried.
- Closed Session with Township attorney/Litigation
Motion to move into a Closed Session at 8:30 p.m. Motion carried. Motion to reopen the Regular Session at 9:42 p.m. Motion carried.
Call to Public
Adjourn: Motion to adjourn the meeting at 9:45 p.m. Motion carried.
Barbara Calleja, Clerk